New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Timecode Generators

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Timecode Generators

Postby c-spare » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:42 pm

Hola,

Looking for successes and failures with different timecode generators. I have had bad latency issues with winamp and I need a media player/midi/smpte 30 generation that is accurate and precise to the frame.
Has anyone had luck with TimeLord connectivity with MagicQ? Or Serato Video? Or any other recommendations?

Thanks,
hugs and kisses
c-spare

Re: Timecode Generators

Postby larryobrien127 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:49 pm

What issues do you have with winamp? Did you disable Timecode Decode? After patching if there is no Winamp personality in the show file then MagicQ will not connect to Winamp.
larryobrien127

Postby doug86 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:54 pm

I've been successfully using Reaper (it's an audio Multitrack 'DAW') It can generate MTC or LTC.

Reaper is very cheep and has a completely unlimited demo for testing.

If using MagicQ PC I pipe the MTC from reaper over a virtual software midi device (built into Mac OS or the free LoopBe1on windows).

If you're using a console you can simply connect the LTC audio or MIDI out from the machine running reaper directly to the MagicQ console.

Hope that helps!

Dx
doug86

Postby qsq » Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:03 pm

doug86 wrote:I've been successfully using Reaper (it's an audio Multitrack 'DAW') It can generate MTC or LTC.

Reaper is very cheep and has a completely unlimited demo for testing.

If using MagicQ PC I pipe the MTC from reaper over a virtual software midi device (built into Mac OS or the free LoopBe1on windows).

If you're using a console you can simply connect the LTC audio or MIDI out from the machine running reaper directly to the MagicQ console.

Hope that helps!

Dx

Hi there,
Im desperate trying to wire MagicQ/loopb1/reaper on the same pc (NO demo mode) Could you tell how to connect all togheter please?
Many thx!!
qsq

Return to General