New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Random Color Flick

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Random Color Flick

Postby headytech » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:44 pm

Been playing around with this all day and can't get it to work.

I'm trying to get a random color flick effect like you can use with the pulse random effect, but applied to color palletes.

I've tried editing the pulse random effect, I've tried editing the color flick, but no matter what I do, I can't get a random flick programmed that will reference my color palletes instead of individual color channels.

Any advice on making this happen?
headytech

Re: Random Color Flick

Postby headytech » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:57 am

Also to clarify I don't want the color itself to be random, I was able to figure that out, rather I want the fixture that is pulsing that color to be randomized within the selected group.
headytech

Re: Random Color Flick

Postby alturnative » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:52 pm

I'm not sure whether you can get the FX to reference colour palettes instead of individual fixture colour channels, but if all else fails it may be worth trying to build the effect yourself - it won't be 'true random' but you could try creating the effect using a cue stack, then when viewing the cue stack you can hold shift and press the 'Make FX' soft button. Haven't tried this myself though, you can find more info at https://secure.chamsys.co.uk/help/docum ... ng_user_fx
Always learning
alturnative

Return to General