New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

QuickQ Memories (Not Cues)

Moderator: ChamSys.be

QuickQ Memories (Not Cues)

Postby tbarden » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:37 am

Does anyone know if it's possible to record a "look" on stage to something like a memory? I want to be able to record these looks then be able to use them as building blocks to use when creating theatrical cuelists. For example, I might create a memory including three dimmer channels at varying levels which I would save as "Down Stage Right", then several other memories for other areas on the stage. When I create cues I would use some combination of memories as the basis for a cue. Down Stage Right plus Down Stage Center for example.

I know I can create Groups but my impression is that intensity and other attributes are all the same.
tbarden

Re: QuickQ Memories (Not Cues)

Postby ChamSys.be » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:41 am

This is not possible in QuickQ.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby nickchamberlain » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:07 pm

Wouldn't the Execute screen work for that? That's how I use it. I don't know what 'memories' is, but from how you explained it, that is how I use the execute window.
nickchamberlain

Postby ChamSys.be » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:28 pm

In the mean time you can record cues under the cue faders.activate the cue you want and then you can do a record all to another cue fader or in a cue stack!
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby tbarden » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:00 am

The ETC Smartfade I'm hoping to replace has this ability. In channel mode one creates a look onstage than records it to a "memory" which is simply another mode for the channel controls. There are multiple pages of memories so one is not limited to just the number of physical faders on the board. Cues in a cue stack can be a single memory, a collection of memories, or a combination of memories and specific channel values.

One of the advantages of memories is that one can access them during execution of a cue stack if something goes whacky with the show and there's a need to busk. This approach seems to drive traditional EOS software users crazy because there's no numeric keypad or programmer but for the kind of things we do in our small black box theatre it works really well. I was hoping that the QuickQ line would have similar functionality.
tbarden

Postby ChamSys.be » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:41 am

If it is for busking, then no problem. You can store up to 60 cues/memories in the execute window. These you can recall when you want. And via Record ALL you can record them also in a cue stack.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby tbarden » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:02 pm

Understood. But I assume that execute can't map to faders correct? I need to be able to control intensity.

After spending a little time with the new training videos (nice job!) I think the kind of flexibility I'm looking for would be available with a little tweaking of the groups function. As best I can tell, groups allow you to map a chosen collection of channels to a particular fader. Valuable for grouping instruments of a particular type or in a given location. However, my impression is that the instruments in a group cannot have variable attributes. For example, I have a standard playing area, Down Stage Right, that I want to be able to assign to a fader so I can have independent control of intensity. I may want to include that look in a cue, or I might want to be able to bump that area up if an actor inadvertently wanders into that area. If the area is lit with three instruments, two front light and one backlight, I would likely want a different intensity for the backlight. With groups as is, I cannot do this. I may be wrong, but if this were an easy feature to support it would make Groups much more useful I think.
tbarden

Postby ChamSys.be » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:40 pm

This you can't do with groups, but with the cues you can!
Executes have no fader.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to General