New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Quickq20 Visualiser

New Releases of software and hardware will here be announced.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Quickq20 Visualiser

Postby Lebleu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:38 am

Dear Chamsys,

I'm having a good time with my quickq20 so far. Thank you for a good product.

I don't have the physical fixtures available yet so everything i can do in the quickq designer software prior to the rehearsals will be of great value to me. Unfortunately i don't understand how to use the visualiser that comes with the quick q designer software.

Some of my patched fixtures does not even show in the visualizer, my Stair­ville Show Bar Tri LEDs.
The others show up but are clumped together in mid air on default. I can't position my fixtures and i can't build up any structure in the visualiser. All i can do is to zoom/pan around the room.

Any help available? Would be great.

Thanks a lot.

Leon
Lebleu

Re: Quickq20 Visualiser

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:57 am

Editing the visualiser can only be done in MagicQ. But MagicQ you can also download for free.

Positioning of the fixtures is possible:
- Set the window of the visualiser in Plot View
- Design mode
- now you can select spots and move them
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Lebleu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:44 pm

Ok thank you i will check it out.

Will i then be able to design a set in Magic Q and then use it with quickq?
Since i want to pre program the show in quickQ and visualize that it would be best if i didn't have to do this in a different program.

If not possible, is the functions in MagicQ the same or similar to QuickQ ?

If i program something with magigQ, can i expect it to be possible to program in quick Q as well ?

Thank you,
Lebleu

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:51 pm

Visualiser setup can be done in MagicQ and you can use it in QuickQ.
Way of programming is different between MagicQ and QuickQ. MagicQ has a lot more possibilities. But showfiles are compatible in both ways.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Lebleu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:18 pm

Ok, great to know that this is a possibility.

Just to explain where i am at with this, I'm learning about DMX and lighting for the first time so i have no previous experience with other consoles or software. I understand the functions of the Quickq20 by now and i am successful in using it with physical fixtures. I have elementary understanding of basic DMX wiring/patching/programming at this stage but every step forwards takes a lot of searching and reading.

I have the magicQ software downloaded as well as the manual now and am looking in to it but it is a lot to digest. Any guidance/advice on how to achieve a setup with the visualiser and quickQ together as well as on how to utilize the visualiser is most welcome and greatly appreciated.

General advices that comes to mind reading this is also welcome.

Thank you very much for your time so far.
Lebleu

Postby Lebleu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:23 pm

When you say that showfiles are compatible both ways, what do you mean exactly?

A step by step explanation on how to achieve what i'm looking for here would be greatly appreciated as well as an explanation of what the route to take would look like. For example, do i now create the entire show first in the magicQ software to later load that show in quickQ for actual performance? Or do i somehow route my quickQ software/console through to Magic vis and get visualisation directly?

Again many thanks.
Lebleu

Postby Lebleu » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:27 pm

ChamSys.be wrote:Positioning of the fixtures is possible:
- Set the window of the visualiser in Plot View
- Design mode
- now you can select spots and move them

This was great, i now have a somewhat representation of what my show will look like.

Unfortunately all the fixtures are upside down.. I Can move the moving heads in QuickQ but i can't rotate the fixtures so that they point in the desired direction. Many of them are fixed (LED bars, Flood lights) and not motorized which makes it so that i have to be able to move them.

Thank you.
Lebleu

Postby Lebleu » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:21 pm

Update:

I found i can open the .shw files in magicq and i figured how to rotate the fixtures from there and then re open the file in quickq.
Lebleu

Return to New Releases / Products