New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

MagicHD and restarting a media file

MagicQ controlling Media Servers (Coolux Pandoras Box, Hippotizer, MBox, Catalyst, Arkaos,....)

Moderator: ChamSys.be

MagicHD and restarting a media file

Postby Kriivari » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:24 pm

Although I have figured out a relatively easy bypass, I would like to know if there is an actual solution or if I'm just doing something weirdly wrong.

What I'm trying to do:

Have a cuelist where there are three cues.
1.00 Start a media (audio) file 1 from the beginning at full volume.
2.00 Fade out the media file to zero.
3.00 Start the same media file again from beginning.

What I currently get:

1.00 runs fine.
2.00 runs fine.
3.00 media doesn't start from the beginning, but from a random location (depending on where the looped audio file would be at that time).

What I have done to bypass this:

I've imported the media file twice, and have 3.00 start the second instance. This works fine.

I have checked that the media settings in MagicHD side are correct, ie. Play once etc.

The question: is there any way to force a cue to restart a media file from the beginning, if it hasn't been stopped by another media file running on the same layer?
Kriivari

Re: MagicHD and restarting a media file

Postby ToonVC » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:45 am

in cue 2, you have to set "Rel old chans" to yes, it's located on the far right side of the cuestack.
It's because the video is already started, magicQ sees no difference between the 2 cues.
ToonVC

Return to MagicQ controlling Mediaservers