New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Processor power

MagicQ controlling Media Servers (Coolux Pandoras Box, Hippotizer, MBox, Catalyst, Arkaos,....)

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Processor power

Postby richard csl » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:41 pm

I am running Magic Q and Magic HD locally on the same machine. ( HP Laptop I3-4010U 1.7Ghz. 4GB ram) but when a video is playing on the second screen _If I use MQ for lighting alterations the sound and video stutter briefly, ? is this because they need to be on separate machines or is my laptop just not powerful enough, the problem is even worse if I use the MQ built in visualiser as well.
richard csl

Re: Processor power

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:04 pm

Problem will be your graphics card. The graphics card is the most important part.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Skjold » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Found this thread and though I would place my question in here as well:

I have a laptop with an i5, 8 GB RAM and two seperate graphics cards. One 1GB Intel HD 630 Card and a GTX 1050 2GB card.
For what I can see, the computer uses the 1GB card on the internal screen and the 2GB card for the external screen (running a projector in full HD).
I'm getting stuttering on my files as well and thought about lack of processing power, but then again the graphics card could be the bottleneck, from what I read.

Does MagicHD render through the internal screens graphicscard or does it just choose one?
Best regards

Miki Skjold
Denmark
Skjold

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:24 pm

You have to configure your graphics card. Force the GTX 1050 to be used for MagicHD.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to MagicQ controlling Mediaservers