New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Nightclub under MagicQ and Magic HD control

MagicQ controlling Media Servers (Coolux Pandoras Box, Hippotizer, MBox, Catalyst, Arkaos,....)

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Nightclub under MagicQ and Magic HD control

Postby kuuki » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi, I would like to update local nightclub lighting and video setup but i run into one issue.
So my plan is to get all video and lighting equipment under Chamsys control, so when there is no LD in the house, everything can be done over execute window.
My main consern is with Magic HD, can I make there a playlist that will loop all night and can be simply edited. I can't render one long video because clips change due to different sponsors etc. Also adding and deleting videos from playlist should be simple as possible.
I hope someone understand my problem and can say is this possible to do or not. If not I'm open to other solutions that are better than VLC. Lighting will stay on MagicQ.
Also would like to know if MagicQ USB Two Universe DMX512 Interface opens Magic HD and what are the functions that stay locked?
Thanks!
kuuki

Re: Nightclub under MagicQ and Magic HD control

Postby ChamSys.be » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:30 pm

MagicHD has no playlists. So that is not a solution.
A solution is Coolux Pandoras Player software. It has playlists and can easily be edited.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to MagicQ controlling Mediaservers