New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

importing 3D objects in VIS

Connection between MagicQ and Visualisers as Capture 2005, Wysiwyg,....

Moderator: ChamSys.be

importing 3D objects in VIS

Postby chris johannsen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 am

Hey

where do i place the 3D objects i want to import to my VIS ?

THX
chris johannsen

Re: importing 3D objects in VIS

Postby ChamSys.be » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:03 pm

This is not yet possible, but will be possible soon.
At the moment you can use only the inbuilt 3D objects (forms, drape, furniture, people).
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby McBannister » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:22 pm

. . . but why are the furniture and people library empty? Also drapes aren't available. I'm using MagicQ 1.8.0.5 downloaded from the Chamsys Site.

Thanks for answering soon.
McBannister

Postby ChamSys.be » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:38 pm

These are only supported starting from v1.8.2.0 beta.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby atmopuh » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Hello, I got the latest stable version of MagicQ and i tried to importing .3ds model was created in SketchUp. But browser wasn't appear an any file in folder where i put a model. Can you say why? I was lead an instruction:

1.2.6. Custom Models
To add a custom model, press the INSERT button, then select Model. A model object will be added to the scene; this will be invisible at first, until a model file is chosen for it.

To choose a model file, select the "texture" field; a menu will appear, allowing the selection of any previously imported model, along with an option to import a new model.

To import a new model, select the "Import Model…" button on this dialog. The file manager will appear, prompting for a model file to import. Only supported formats will be shown. Once a file is selected, another dialog will appear prompting for the import settings: whether to use the Y or Z axis for vertical, and what length units are used in the model.

To properly determine these settings, you should ask the person who created the model. As a rough rule of thumb, if the model was created by an artist, the Y axis may be vertical; if it was created by an engineer, the Z axis is more likely. If the wrong value is selected, the model will appear flipped front-to-back and rotated 90 degrees, lying on it’s front.

Model objects have a slightly different scaling behaviour than other objects. Their default length, width and height is zero; this means that the object will use it’s "native size", using the units specified using the process above.

If only one of length, width, and height is specified, and all other values are set to zero, then the model will be scaled such that that axis takes on the given value in metres; all other axes will be scaled proportionally, preserving the model’s shape.

If all three axes are given (none are zero), then all three axes will be scaled independently, to the given values in metres. This will distort the shape of the model if proportional values are not given.

Only specifying two axes (leaving one at zero) is unsupported, and will produce unspecified behaviour.

PS: File in attachment.
Attachments
v-0-0.zip
3ds file in zip
(990 Bytes) Downloaded 24 times
atmopuh

Postby Naked Eye » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:19 pm

Whats formats are supported for importing 3d elements into the Chamsys Visualiser?
Naked Eye

Return to MagicQ & Visualisers