New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Chamsys and Vectorworks Vision SOLVED

Connection between MagicQ and Visualisers as Capture 2005, Wysiwyg,....

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Chamsys and Vectorworks Vision SOLVED

Postby monkey puzzle » Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:51 pm

Hi, is it possible to have Chamsys and VW Vision running on the same machine and for me to pre vis from my laptop? I have a MQ100, a wing, an old three port artnet node as well as the timecode box and the audio interface box all of which are at my studio space and not here. If I need some blue hardware plugged in which of these does it have to be?

Cheers
Last edited by monkey puzzle on Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monkey puzzle

Re: Chamsys and Vectorworks Vision

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:29 am

On the ChamSys side you don't need blue hardware. It sends out 64 universes via ArtNet, sACN,.. and it latest beta 256 universes (only for visualisation)
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby monkey puzzle » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:19 am

Cheers, I thought as much but I can’t see any traffic on the artnet viewer on Vision and on a third party artnet viewer I downloaded. The machine in question is a MBP 2017 so only has usb c and no dedicated network adapter that I can see. I’ve successfully sent artnet from it on many occasions using a usb c to CAT 5 converter. I’ve set it to send to applications on the computer but still nothing.

Is this a VW Vision issue then do you think?
monkey puzzle

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:28 am

- Do you have an active network?
- Did you choose the right networkcard in MagicQ PC?

I have many setups with Capture and MagicVis, both work perfect on the same PC. But you need an active networkcard.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby monkey puzzle » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:56 pm

As its a Mac Book laptop, I'm not really sure what would be classed as a network card. I've set both of them to the same address range and there is nothing. In the Network Settings in System Preferences the USB - Network shows as not active, Maybe I need to plug it in to a managed hub via the usb so that traffic will flow?

I've just checked if I can open Magic Q and Magic HD on the same machine and when I try to set the IP address of HD it first finds the wifi card with its automatically assigned IP address. If I switch this off then it finds nothing.

Hhhhmmm Mac, MQ or VW? probably two of them causing the issue but which?
monkey puzzle

Re: Chamsys and Vectorworks Vision SOLVED!

Postby monkey puzzle » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:59 pm

Okay so it appears that you need to set the address of MQ to the dynamic address assigned to the wifi network. There isn't the capability to assign a static address to the wifi card as far as I can see...
monkey puzzle

Return to MagicQ & Visualisers