New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Can't rotate fixtures - bad manual

Connection between MagicQ and Visualisers as Capture 2005, Wysiwyg,....

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Can't rotate fixtures - bad manual

Postby joapalmer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:45 am

Hello.
I'm using the MQ40N running 1.7.8.1 software. I've connected a computer running the visualizer with the same version.
I can successfully move the fixtures over the X,Y and Z axis, however I cannot rotate them.

In the manual pages at 40.2.3 it say that I should be able to rotate the fixtures using Encoders B, C, D and corresponding soft buttons - or enter the values in the spreadsheet. However on the MQ40N B, C and D is for "View universe", "Head test" and "Test cursor" and there are no columns for fixture rotation in the spreadsheet - DEAD END!

What am I doing wrong? I have a show and need to be able to position my fixtures in the visualizer, this is really bad that the manual says wrong. I tried to find it all over but there is no way I can find how to rotate the fixtures...

Please help!!!

Kind regards Joa
joapalmer

Re: Can't rotate fixtures - bad manual

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:38 am

Goto setup, view setting settings mode and be sure it stays in advanced mode!
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby joapalmer » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:17 pm

Thank you! Yes it was that simple! But I cant seem to be able to save the setting. Every time I restart the console MQ40N is back to "Simple" mode. Annoying that I can't set it to "Normal" as default. Any idea?
joapalmer

Postby ChamSys.be » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:22 pm

MQ40N is sold as a console with less features and less options to make it easier.
That's the reason.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to MagicQ & Visualisers