New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

MQ60 and Vis on PC, heads doesn't listen

Connection between MagicQ and Visualisers as Capture 2005, Wysiwyg,....

Moderator: ChamSys.be

MQ60 and Vis on PC, heads doesn't listen

Postby DanielP » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Hello all,

I've tried to find an answer to my newbie question but I couldn't and I'm sorry if there was a topic about it already.

Using MQ60 synced to visualiser on pc/laptop (tried 3 different machines windows 10 with latest stable version of chamsys software installed).

When I patch a head/heads they appear in the visualiser on the monitor with 100% intensity but from there they don't listen the desk. I locate them (as desk states), can record a cue and play it but nothing happens in the visualiser. If I save the show and load it I can then locate them, get the intensity to 100, but it doesn't change in the visualiser. Funny enough I can change the position (pan,til) and they do move in the visualiser but without beam showing. I can add FXs and they are playing as well, however no light it the vis.

I hope it it makes sense. Thank you for your help in advance!
DanielP

Re: MQ60 and Vis on PC, heads doesn't listen

Postby alexnasa » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:01 pm

hi,

does that happen with every fixture ? or just heads ? did you try with a simple par can ?
it looks more like the presets are a bit broken for your head, maybe shutter/iris closed ?
alexnasa

Re: MQ60 and Vis on PC, heads doesn't listen

Postby DanielP » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Right... before I delete the topic in shame, I will say I'm doing something completely wrong and the problem is not in the visualiser... because I've just DMXed couple of lights physically to the desk (litelees big hero300, showtec m800 II tourcan) and none of them seem to light up... lamp is on, shutter is on, everything I know about is ON on the desk and they still doesn't light up... Can pan/till/change gobo, but no beam. This is turning into a pathetic topic, but hey ho... we all start from somewhere... :|
DanielP

Return to MagicQ & Visualisers