New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Multi-element intensity fx

MagicQ PC and console software.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Multi-element intensity fx

Postby Bloydo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:38 pm

New to MagicQ, having a hard time getting intensity and beam fx to spread across the elements in a multi-element head. Color FX work fine within the fixture, but I can't get a dimmer chase (for example) to run through each element. When I apply color fx I'm asked if I want to "Use FX on head sub elements"...why don't I get this prompt for intensity or beam fx? Any perspective appreciated, thanks!
Bloydo

Re: Multi-element intensity fx

Postby PolDavril » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:22 am

Hi,

As a general rule, if the head has one general dimmer, it won't be possible to apply individual dimming, as the dimmer channel controls all sub elements together.
To make a dimmer chase on sub elements, the colour intensities must be used instead.

Hope this helps.
Pol Davril
Stage Manager & Technician
ChamSys MagicQ v1.8.5.6 / Windows 10 + Beta v1.8.7.2
http://www.hsd-productions.be
http://www.bravorama.be
http://www.exprime-toi.be
PolDavril

Postby ChamSys.be » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:05 am

In the latest version, if you set in patch window, elements to independent, the same for the VDIM you did add. Then each element can use the VDIM, even if the fixture has a master dimmer.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Westbam » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:53 pm

I know this is an old post I am replying to, but I have read your answer:

"In the latest version, if you set in patch window, elements to independent, the same for the VDIM you did add. Then each element can use the VDIM, even if the fixture has a master dimmer."

Many times, but I am not really sure how to do this. Would you be so kind to elaborate?

I know about VDIMS on simple RGB LEDs, but I cannot seem to pull this of on multiple RGB elements with a master dimmer and shutter. Thanks a lot.
Westbam

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:57 am

Which fixture you try to use for this?
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Westbam » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:50 pm

A chinese LEDBar with tilt. (LEDBeam 8x12w). The fixture has the same parameters as an "AFX Light -> MVBAR810 (38 channel Mode)". It has RGBW LEDs I can color

I know about some workarounds, but if I could use them like I would do my Sunstrips, make dimmer chases, and than just overlay a color, it would be super nice for me.

But than I need to add VDIMS to the RGBW channels, but I am not able because the is 'master' dimmer on channel 5. '
Westbam

Postby ChamSys.be » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:04 am

Patch the led bar, select all the bars, SHIFT + ADD VDIM, should work.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to MagicQ software