New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Cue to set BPM

MagicQ PC and console software.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Cue to set BPM

Postby nhusdf-9489 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Is it possible to have a cue list in which each cue would set the global bpm to a new value?

I’m trying to sync lights to a live band set with set BPMs for each song. Timecode or MIDI sync is not an option this time.
nhusdf-9489

Re: Cue to set BPM

Postby xawajide » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:17 am

nhusdf-9489 wrote:Is it possible to have a cue list in which each cue would set the global bpm to a new value?

I’m trying to sync lights to a live band set with set BPMs for each song. Timecode or MIDI sync is not an option this time.

Hi buddy, reason for skipping over Timecode? As of now working fine for me.
xawajide

Postby nhusdf-9489 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:40 pm

xawajide wrote:
nhusdf-9489 wrote:Is it possible to have a cue list in which each cue would set the global bpm to a new value?

I have no timecode available, just BPMs of the each song the band are playing. The songs are not played the same way twice, only the BPMs stay the same each night.

The master BPM sync method works well with the VJ app I’m running (Modul8), now I’d like to get the same kind of workflow for the lights.
nhusdf-9489

Postby nhusdf-9489 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:23 pm

xawajide wrote:

Out of curiosity: how would you approach this sort of show with a timecode? A set code for each song with pre-p programmed timing for cues?
nhusdf-9489

Postby ChamSys.be » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:55 pm

Yes, one playback per song.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to MagicQ software