New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

MQ60 & PC / Net wing & universes

MagicQ PC and console software.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

MQ60 & PC / Net wing & universes

Postby marcnicolas » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:31 am

Hello everyone,

I am stuck and maybe someone can help me out.
The setup on my hands is as follows: A MagicQ60 and a PC (in demo-mode,as I do not have any further wings or dongles). Both are running version 1.8.5.5 and the network is working fine.

I now want to pre-programm a show having 14 universes. As the MQ60 is limited to 12 universes I wanted to set it up as "net wing remote". Now I am stuck at two points:

[list=]
[*]Firstly I am not able to change the number of universes on the PC. If I try to set the universes in Settings > DMX I/O as described in section 45.16.2 of the manual to 18 universes, the software restarts and after the reboot it is set at 12 Universes again. Is this a limitation of 'demo mode'? Or am I dong something horribly wrong?[/*]
[*] Secondly the MQ60 does not find the MagicQ-PC as a net wing remote. If I follow the instructions from section 44.5.4 the MQ60 gets an error message "No consoles found". On the other hand the MagicQPC can remote control the MQ60, MagicVis on PC is working fine, so there is a connection and there is no network issue. Again is this a limitation of the PC running in 'demo mode'?[/*]
[/list]

If the demo mode is the issue, is there any way I could preprogram with this setup without having to buy an additionnal dongle.

Thanks for any help or advice!
marcnicolas

Re: MQ60 & PC / Net wing & universes

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:32 am

Demo is not the issue. Demo version can run up to 64 universes.

Try this in MagicQ PC: menu on top of the software - Tools - Change Files location.
Once finished, try again to change the number of universes. Does it work now?
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Re: MQ60 & PC / Net wing & universes

Postby marcnicolas » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:48 pm

Yes this did it.

Thanks a lot!
marcnicolas

Return to MagicQ software