New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Multi element LED Battens

MagicQ PC and console software.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Multi element LED Battens

Postby Dagworth » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:25 am

Hi all, I hope someone can help me. I have half a dozen Cameo PixBarPro 600 LED battens which have 12 pixels per bar. They are rigged as a straight line of effectively 72 pixels.

With the old style personality I could click on "View Heads" and pick individual pixels in any order so by starting at bar 1 pixel 1 then bar 6 pixel 12, 1-2 then 6-11 etc I could create a chase that I could use FX parts to make run from the outside into the centre as a mirrored chase, or just pick all 72 pixels and reorder the FX into the centre.

With the new duplicate element personality I simply cannot create the same effect. Using FX and reordering into the centre it runs up bar 1 from pixel 1 to 12, then bar 6 from 1-12, then bar 2 1-12 etc, seeing the bars as the units to reorder on rather then the pixels. I've tried pixel mapping and can't create the effect I want.

What am I missing?

Happy to put up my show file with the visualiser if it helps?

Thanks

Andi
Dagworth

Re: Multi element LED Battens

Postby ChamSys.be » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:33 am

You can have +/- the same FX by using the simple pixelmap FX.
But, wait till next beta and then you can do it the same way as before.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Dagworth » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:07 am

Thank you, great news that I will be able to work as I used to.

One other question regarding these battens and the personality, in the visualiser they are too large, the fixtures are about a meter long but they appear a lot larger in the vis. Is this something users can edit and if so how?

Many thanks

Andi
Dagworth

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:33 am

Request for new heads and problems with existing heads. Please goto the bugtracker to place your requests: http://download.magicq.co.uk
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to MagicQ software