New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Windows 10 & MagicQ PC

MagicQ PC and console software.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Windows 10 & MagicQ PC

Postby d.t.williams » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:15 pm

After upgrading to WINDOWS 10, MagicQ PC quit working. It has been working fine for over 5 years with previous versions of WINDOWS. I am using a ENTTEC DMX USB PRO dongle and have verified that it is working with other DMX software. (I can control my lights with other software but MagicQ PC has no effect on my lights whatsoever. The ENTTEC dongle is installed and visible in Device Manager with the latest drivers. I downloaded and installed the latest version of MagicQ PC (1.7.1).

Has anyone else experienced this problem? How do I troubleshoot and fix this issue?

Thanks,

Dave Williams
Bel Air, MD USA
d.t.williams

Re: Windows 10 & MagicQ PC

Postby silver tone » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:48 am

I upgraded three computers from Windows 8 to Windows 10 back when it was first released, with no such issues at all, using an Entttec USB Pro Mk2 — (is yours the Mk 1 or 2?). I'd maybe start by buying and trying a MagicDMX dongle...? Might narrow down where the problem is (and possibly even get you a workaround in the mean time!)

I did have a slight issue with my mini wing since moving to Windows 10 relating to which driver Windows wanted to use, but that's well documented and never affected getting DMX out of the Enttec box. Good luck!
silver tone

Re: Windows 10 & MagicQ PC

Postby Jimmy2Ricky » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:16 am

d.t.williams wrote:After upgrading to WINDOWS 10, MagicQ PC quit working. It has been working fine for over 5 years with previous versions of WINDOWS. I am using a ENTTEC DMX USB PRO dongle and have verified that it is working with other DMX software. (I can control my lights with other software but MagicQ PC has no effect on my lights whatsoever. The ENTTEC dongle is installed and visible in Device Manager with the latest drivers. I downloaded and installed the latest version of MagicQ PC (1.7.1).

Has anyone else experienced this problem? How do I troubleshoot and fix this issue?

Thanks,

Dave Williams
Bel Air, MD USA

I dont know weather it will help you or not, or may be you have solve the problem already. But I think I should shate this link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT1Mz_TRXvQ. I followed it and faced no issues.
Jimmy2Ricky

Return to MagicQ software