New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

James Thomas PixelPar 90

Request for new heads and problems with existing heads. Please goto the bugtracker to place your requests: http://download.magicq.co.uk

Moderator: ChamSys.be

James Thomas PixelPar 90

Postby gooser123 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:14 pm

Please can we have this fixture personality added.
3ch DMX & Max2 modes would be good.

Thanks
gooser123

Postby ChamSys.be » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:20 am

THe James Thomas Personality files are all standard in the library. For the RGB pixels (3 channels) you can use the Generic Led 3Ch RGB.

It are the same personalities as the Pixelline !

In the manual "Controlling LED fixtures" you will find a detailed explenation, how to use them.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

led p90

Postby gooser123 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:30 pm

Thats what I have used already, I added in a dimmer channel to simulate the Mint mode which works but doesn't put the dimmer in the intensity section like normal for some reason.

The Max2 mode is different to the pixelline, using 10 channels and having built in effects, not the end of the world to live without but it would be nice to have the option.

Either way, thanks for replying. :)
gooser123

led p90

Postby gooser123 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:26 pm

I just tried the generic 4ch led profile, (i hadn't looked at the generic personalities before) and it works just fine for the P90 in 3ch+Mint, thanks for the suggestion.

Now it's just the Max2 mode, the Avo Pearl labels all the built-in effect names as you cycle through them which is handy; it would be very helpfull to have the same thing on MagicQ. (By the way I have finally found some cash and ordered a PC Wing, looking forward to playing with that)

Another question on a related subject if thats ok? The pixelline110 in 20ch mode on a Pearl doesn't work with the desk effects, i guess because the fixture effectively has 5 heads. Do the effects work in 20ch mode on the MagicQ? - effects spread across the "5" heads even though they share a master intensity(I haven't had a chance to try it for myself yet.)
gooser123

Postby ChamSys.be » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:58 am

I did send you by e-mail all the personality files of the Pixelpar 90. Please test them !

Pixelline 110 20 Ch mode: yes the effects of the desk should work on it !
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

pixelpar

Postby gooser123 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:52 pm

I have recieved your email and will try the personalities out when i next get the chance. Thank you for your efforts. :D
gooser123

Return to Personality files