New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Personalities with multiple elements

Request for new heads and problems with existing heads. Please goto the bugtracker to place your requests: http://download.magicq.co.uk

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Personalities with multiple elements

Postby KCBL_steve » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:15 pm

Does anybody have experience with multiple elements with a single general element? I have a couple of Irradiant River 3 heads which have a DMX map as follows:

1 DMX mode on/off (0-30=on, 31-255=off)
2 Red (pixel 1)
3 Green (Pixel 1)
4 Blue (Pixel 1)
5 Red (Pixel 2)
6 Green (Pixel 2)
7 Blue (Pixel 2)
8 Red (Pixel 3)
9 Green (Pixel 3)
10 Blue (Pixel 3)
11 Strobe (Entire fixture)
12 Dimmer (Entire fixture)

So I understand that to make this I would have a general profile of 3 channels (DMX mode, Strobe, and Dimmer) and in the "multi" tab I would enter 3 heads with 3 channels RGB.

My question is how do I enter the General Channels 9 DMX addresses apart? In other words the General Profile needs to be channel 1, channel 11, and channel 12.
KCBL_steve

Re: Personalities with multiple elements

Postby ChamSys.be » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:14 pm

This is not possible, at this moment, in one file. The repeating elements can only be at the front of the file or at the end of the file. Not in the middle.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby MichaelThorsen » Mon May 26, 2014 9:10 am

Is there any prospect that this will be implemented at some point?
MichaelThorsen

Postby vinntec » Mon May 26, 2014 11:41 am

I think what this means is that, for example, you could define the first channel as a dimmer (which you could force to 0) then have a personality file which starts at first channel + 1 which will control the fixture correctly. I can't see why this wouldn't work (all our multiple LED units have colours first!)?
vinntec

Return to Personality files