New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

magicq visualiser new fixture attribute problem

Request for new heads and problems with existing heads. Please goto the bugtracker to place your requests: http://download.magicq.co.uk

Moderator: ChamSys.be

magicq visualiser new fixture attribute problem

Postby klemenn » Sun May 11, 2014 1:47 am

Hello.

I have a problem. I made a new library for showtec phantom 75 beam, because it doesn't exist yet. (last time I checked) And when I patch it and insert into visualiser, some of the attributes doesn't work/show in visualiser.
The strobe effect doesn't show and color scroll also. I assigned the attributes ranges and icons and still doesn't work.
I compared it with some other fixture library but didn't find any difference.
What can I change in library so this will work?

Thank you.
Regards, Klemen
klemenn

Re: magicq visualiser new fixture attribute problem

Postby ChamSys.be » Sun May 11, 2014 9:30 am

this fixture is since Friday in the library.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby JonlucChamsys » Mon May 12, 2014 2:16 pm

are you using MagicVis for the visualiser ?

there are limits on what MagicVis can do at this time, Colour Scrolling on the colour wheel will not work,
what other issues are you having ?
JonlucChamsys

Postby klemenn » Mon May 12, 2014 4:40 pm

I downloaded the library and it works fine.
Thank you!

I am using MagicVis. Yes, I was wrong, the color scroll doesn't work on the other fixture as well.
But I was having a problem with shuter attribute. No matter what I set, it didn't change in visualiser.
And strobe effect is not very usefull in magicqVis because it's very slow.
klemenn

Postby JonlucChamsys » Mon May 12, 2014 5:09 pm

we know of the strobe issue and are working to fix it.
JonlucChamsys

Postby ceecrb1 » Mon May 12, 2014 10:37 pm

Magicvis is best used as a programming "guide" not a full wysiwyg show renderer.
Eg prism effects do not show.

For you're example of strobes.... record you're palettes with the actual fixture then use magicvis to aid your submaster programming later, using those pre-recorded palettes.

This is best done by either noting you're usual dmx values or recording you're personal palettes in head files... Or save the palettes of each head type in it's own show file then importing those palettes into the current show you are on.

In the end the atribute will not be rendered "correctly" in magicvis, but something will be rendered... thus proving that you're programming has been done correctly.

If you are pre-programming without the heads to hand.. you can still create the palettes at any value you wish before the show... arrive and just update the palettes for the head once everything is done and you're pre-recorded show will be as you wished.
Again, magicvis helps here in that "something" is rendered so you know that the pre-programmed show/submasters you record are doing as you expect/wish.
Freelance Lighting, sound, video and repair technician in Spain.
MQ60, Extra Wing Compact & 4 Universe artnet node.
ceecrb1

Return to Personality files