New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

creating fixtures not in the fixture profile

Request for new heads and problems with existing heads. Please goto the bugtracker to place your requests: http://download.magicq.co.uk

Moderator: ChamSys.be

creating fixtures not in the fixture profile

Postby speedlight » Fri May 16, 2014 9:06 am

Is there a way in Magic Q software to create a fixture profile? I have a LED magic ball and i cannot find a manufacture name within all of the ones that are there. I looked online and found different manufactures but could not find a match within the software. Is there a profile within software that might be compatible by chance? Thanks. 8)
speedlight

Re: creating fixtures not in the fixture profile

Postby ChamSys.be » Fri May 16, 2014 9:51 am

You can make it your selve via: Patch - View Heads - Edit Head - New Head. Or plae your request in the bug tracker, but don't forget to add the manual with the dmx channel allocation.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby ChamSys.be » Fri May 16, 2014 9:52 am

Request for new heads and problems with existing heads. For urgent requests please goto the bugtracker to place your requests: http://download.magicq.co.uk
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby speedlight » Sun May 25, 2014 3:25 am

Hi,
I discovered the scan library where the fixtures are located. Created the fixture profile for the led magic ball and also created the manufacturer folder for it. But, Magic O does not see that folder for some reason. Could there be another link or setting I'm missing? Thanks.
speedlight

Postby ChamSys.be » Sun May 25, 2014 9:59 am

The folder is created by the Manufacturer name in the head file itself. So all you have to do is give it the right name and short name in MagicQ - Edit Head.

This will create a head file with as name: manufacturer_Short name_mode.hed.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to Personality files