New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

JB Systems COB 4 bar

Request for new heads and problems with existing heads. Please goto the bugtracker to place your requests: http://download.magicq.co.uk

Moderator: ChamSys.be

JB Systems COB 4 bar

Postby Axxis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:32 pm

This friday and saturday I will need to patch the JB Systems COB 4 bar LED fixtures.
product sheet: http://en.beglec.com/product/4952/COB-4BAR

Right now only 12, 18, 3, 5, 6 and 8 channel modes are supported in MagicQ.

I could use the 12ch modus and patch as 4 RGB channels, but I'd prefer to use the 17ch
modus to have control over the fixture's build in master dimmer and strobo control.

The 18ch modus works (using visualizer) but i'm not able to find the strobo control
in the layout windows. Probably since it's using the same channel as the dimmer
and the 18ch modus is actually only there for use with stand alone LEDCON controller..

I have been trying to create my own head file, but so far no luck having it working properly.
Would be nice if the 17ch modus also got supported for this fixture!

Thanks for any help :-)
Axxis

Re: JB Systems COB 4 bar

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:06 pm

The 18ch modus is NOT only there for use with stand alone LEDCON controller. It is there for using it wit MagicQ also. The 18 channel mode supports a combined dimmer/strobe channel. So the strobe is on the dimmer channel !
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Axxis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:39 pm

I know, but then still there is a problem with the head file of the 18ch mode...

As you can see in the personality file, the programmed range 0-190 is only the one of the dimmer,
no specifications are made for the strobo, so not sure about how to program a strobe value, since
it's not accessible...

my question was either to request a 17ch mode hed file or a fix for the 18ch one :-)
Attachments
Schermafbeelding 2015-08-18 om 14.34.57.jpg
screenshot
Schermafbeelding 2015-08-18 om 14.34.57.jpg (206.12 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
Axxis

Postby Axxis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:40 pm

ps. sorry for ruining the forum layout with my screenshot :shock:
Axxis

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:26 pm

As you can see in the personality file, the programmed range 0-190 is only the one of the dimmer,
no specifications are made for the strobo,

This has nothing todo with the range. The 190 is the locate and highlight value. But if you turn on the encoder of the dimmer, you can go till 10% (=255).

Creating new head: as specified in the title of the forum chapter:
"Personality files
Request for new heads and problems with existing heads. For urgent requests please goto the bugtracker to place your requests: http://download.magicq.co.uk"

If you are from Belgium, Luxembourg or the Netherlands, then you can send the manual to support (at) chamsys (dot) be.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Axxis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:14 pm

ChamSys.be wrote:This has nothing todo with the range. The 190 is the locate and highlight value. But if you turn on the encoder of the dimmer, you can go till 10% (=255).

Oke, I see. I have been playing around with it a bit. Just on my computer, I do not have acces to test on the fixture itself, so i've been using the visualizer only. I noticed the lack of ranges for the dim/strobe channels in the personality file. which probably makes the visualizer look like a normal full output, while in reality a connected fixture will go into strobo mode when the right values are set.

If this is the case then my problems are, apart for not completely being able to use the visualizer to prepare my show, solved and I can work around them.
Axxis

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:23 pm

that is indeed, it will work with the real fixture if the fixtures strobe function works!
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Axxis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 pm

will try using it this way, hard to program when not having a reference of what the fixture is doing though.

Also not good to have nice playback's since the strobo and other functions will be on the dim chan as well, plus not possible to create separate playback for strobo control since they use the same chan and faders are always 0-100%
Axxis

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:57 am

That is the fault of the fixture developper! If they combine 2 functions in one channel.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Axxis » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:06 am

I know, that's why I was hoping to use the 17ch mode.

Or maybe I'll go back to the roots and use the 12ch mode
and just patch individual rgb channels with vdim :)

Will be easier to program strobe in FX than having all the trouble in
18ch mode! haha
Axxis

Return to Personality files