New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Showtec LED PAR 64 and intensity

Request for new heads and problems with existing heads. Please goto the bugtracker to place your requests: http://download.magicq.co.uk

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Showtec LED PAR 64 and intensity

Postby rapilling » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:55 pm

Hi, forgive the question if it is too simple :oops: .

I am new to using the MagicQ PC (latest version from website, with heads and icons from 05 sept 2007)software on Windows XP.

I do not have the USB-->DMX interface yet to try and test this in the real world but....

for the Showtec LED PAR 64 fixture, I can select the colour to use OK e.g. Red or Yellow etc...
If I only want a low level RED, it is easy to change the setting from 255 down to say 125, but with other colours e.g. Yellow - where the RGB is combined it is not so easy.

How how do I set the intensity/brightness of the colour I've chosen?

Many Thanks
rapilling

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:03 pm

The problem is that this LED par has no build in dimmer. If you place your colour under a playback fader, then you can change the intensity with the fader.

If you want to do it manually, then you have to change the other colour channels also, for example yellow is build out of red and green, this means that you have to bring down the value of red and green.

Another thing you can do, is adding a virtual dimmer. More information about this, you can find in this forum, if you search at "virtual dimmer". It is a topic under MagicQ Software.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby rapilling » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:51 pm

Hi, many thanks for the information.

I've looked on the website to try and find the beta release of the software mentioned in the virtual dimmer thread.

I take it I need to become a registerd beta tester? is this easy to arrange?

Again, many thanks
rapilling

Postby mattatchamsys » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:13 am

Hi there,

If you send me an email to matt@chamsys.co.uk then I can issue you with a login for our beta site at http://www.chamsys.co.uk/rtp.asp.

Best regards,

Matt Lemon
ChamSys Ltd
matt@chamsys.co.uk - www.chamsys.co.uk

We will be on booth 426 at LDI this year in Orlando, Florida, USA
mattatchamsys

thanks

Postby rapilling » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:36 pm

Hi Matt,
thanks, one of your colleagues beat you to it and issued an account on Saturday.

the beta works great for the virtual dimmer, just what I was looking for.

great product!! - just got to persuade the director and treasurer to invest some more money now :lol:

Again Thanks
rapilling

Return to Personality files