New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Chamsys PC Wing freezing

Hardware related questions about Mini Wing, PC Wing & Maxi Wing.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Chamsys PC Wing freezing

Postby jonanderuiz » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:16 am

Hi everyone.

First of all sorry for my english, I'll try to explain my problem the best I can.

I have a Chamsys PC Wing compact with an extra wing compact, and the magicq software running in an MSI GE73 laptop. The setup works normally, but I noticed that several times during a show the information from the wings stops reaching the laptop for a second or so. The Dmx output is ok, and there is no disconnection between the wings and the laptop (no blue flashing leds) its just that sometimes when Im pushing up a fader, the same fader on the laptops screen freezes for a second (at 70% for example) and then suddenly recovers the value of the physical fader (100% for example) an so do the lights, they stop fading during that second and then they snap to the value of the fader. Its just a second or less, but its annoying.

I tried disabling the usb power saving options in Windows, disabling the firewall, etc, nothing worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
jonanderuiz

Re: Chamsys PC Wing freezing

Postby jonanderuiz » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:47 am

I have tried several times without the wings connected and the issue persist, so it seems that it has to be something related with the computer. Any ideas? Maybe some software is causing the issue, or maybe some windows component/config? No one has experienced something like this? The computer is less than a year old and is in optimal condition so I dont think its hardware related.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
jonanderuiz

Return to PC Wings