New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

MagicQ PC Wing Fading Colors

Hardware related questions about Mini Wing, PC Wing & Maxi Wing.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

MagicQ PC Wing Fading Colors

Postby BILKO » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:07 pm

Hello, I'm new here and to Chamsys. I have a PC Wing and everything works fine except...as is the case with other, newer consoles, crossfading manually from color to color is too abrupt. For instance, I patch non-moving, RGBW fixtures. I record them to faders 1=Red, 2=Green, 3 Blue, 4 White, when I push red to full then try to ADD green to get amber or yellor, the green takes total priority and bumps the red to zero. I've run through the varous settings and was hoping that STOMP would remove this issue. I do know that generally, you can patch the color attributes as generic dimmers to get around this issue. That's a lot of effort IF there is an inbuilt feature that will allow each fader to color mix as ADDITIVES, rather than HTP or LTP. Is there a feature that will allow me to color mix? Thanks!
BILKO

Re: MagicQ PC Wing Fading Colors

Postby ChamSys.be » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:45 pm

In the Cue Stack Options - fader - Fader controls LTP, set it to yes.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby BILKO » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:45 pm

Sir, The only area I find that offers a change for LTP is under: Set-Up, General, Playback, Stomp then the options are No, Yes LTP, Yes LTP & HTP. Regardless of which option I select the result is the same - no cross dimming of colors. Am I in the correct window? Or do I need to select Apply or some another confirmation after I make my selection? THANKS!
BILKO

Postby ChamSys.be » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:52 pm

Double click S button of the playback and press Cue Stack Options - fader
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby BILKO » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:22 pm

I think I found the LTP section you were referring to. That seems to enable crossfading through all of the colors of the fixtures assigned to that single fader. It doesn't allow me to add one fader (color) to the other fader (colors). Any ideas? Thanks again!
BILKO

Postby ChamSys.be » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:34 am

I think i get now, what you want fo do.
You don’t need the LTP setting then, but these:
- fader controls manual cross fade: yes
- fader releases stack: no
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to PC Wings