New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Invalid DMX on PCWing but not on miniWing or magicDMX!!

Hardware related questions about Mini Wing, PC Wing & Maxi Wing.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Invalid DMX on PCWing but not on miniWing or magicDMX!!

Postby jaishnavpawala » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:09 am

Hello,

here is my problem : my PCWing (original) generates DMX signal that is badly understood by some of my lights, however the same MagicQ setup generates the right DMX single out of a miniwing of a MagicDMX.

I've tested that extensively to understand the problem. Same show file started from scratch, one fixture patched only, clean PC only used for MagicQ. Here are the tests I've done :vidmate mobdro word counter

MagicQPC->PCWing -> Robe Colormix250 : Works OK
MagicQPC->Miniwing -> Robe Colormix250 : Works OK
MagicQPC->PCWing -> Stariville Xbrick : Fails (the xbrick only picks up some channels out of the DMX data train)
MagicQPC->MiniWing -> Stairville Xbrick : Works OK
MagicQPC->MagicDMX -> Stairville Xbrick : Works OK (with the PCWing connected on another USB port to unlock the software)

Any ideas on how to solve this problem ? is there a firmware update for the original PCWing to solve that ?

Thanks,
Last edited by jaishnavpawala on Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaishnavpawala

Re: Invalid DMX on PCWing but not on miniWing or magicDMX!!

Postby ChamSys.be » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:15 am

Problem is not the PC Wing, but the Stairville. ChamSys PC wing and consoles use a high DMX rate. Some cheap (mostly Chinese) fixtures have problems with the high DMX rate.
You can add an ArtNet/sACN node but one in which you can change the DMX rate/timing.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to PC Wings