New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

A custom install

Hardware related questions about Mini Wing, PC Wing & Maxi Wing.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Re: A custom install

Postby zeb » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm using mine under Linux but I have to configure it from Windows. The configuration can then be stored in the keyboard so it's then usable on any machine. You have to be careful as some of the 'programmable' keyboards rely on software that has to run on the machine (which in my case isn't helpful as it's generally not available for Linux).

You can download and run the configuration program without having a keyboard so you can see what it's capable of before you buy the keyboard.
MagicQ Linux 1.5.7.4 with USB Audio Interface, Elo Touch Screen, Enttec Pro, 4-channel sACN to DMX interface and X-keys Pro in Hardware Mode
zeb

Postby Lorenzo.Fattori » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:46 pm

good to know... so the digipos can be programmed internally trough ps2? that's strange :mrgreen:
i'll try the software... in my case that's not so bad, i prefere to use windows on my work pc..
Lorenzo.Fattori

Postby KGDJ » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:00 am

Just an FYI, I'm using a Novation Lauchpad to do a similar thing. I already had one for Ableton, but it has a mode where you can just program ASCII commands to buttons as shortcuts. So you can just create all the macros you want in MagicQ, then use the Launchpad to map it.

I have some little vinyl stickers made to put on the buttons, works great.

http://global.novationmusic.com/midi-co ... /launchpad
KGDJ

Postby Lorenzo.Fattori » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:35 pm

great!
i have korg nanocontrol... i check if it's possible to do the same... but i think it's only midi out :(
Lorenzo.Fattori

Postby Lorenzo.Fattori » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:41 pm

but i found this:
http://audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/pro ... eystrokes/

now i can use my korg for key shortcuts :mrgreen:
Lorenzo.Fattori

Postby ceecrb1 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:03 am

This is what I use..
Cant remeber its name but its an S35A programmable keyboard.
Comes with the very same cherry MX keyswitches as used in the pc wings so has the same tactile feel..
There are online companys that will silkscreen custom keys so I am even thinking of ordering a set of proper key heads rather than use the generics with a printed label for that "exact same feel" setup.

The minute this arrived I opened it and modded it....

It now has a shorter usb cable (it came with a 2meter cable).. but the major thing missing was a numblock indicator LED as you can use the numeric keypad for both numerical data input but also as home,end,next page, prev page and navigation arrows etc..

SO.. opened it after it had only spent an hour in the house..
took an old usb keyboard.. the "main board" of a keyboard is about the size of a large coin.
Took an old travel usb hub... desoulder the USB outputs from it... now its the size of a coin..
Solder the old keyboard... board to a usb output of the hub.
Remove original cable.. and replace with a made to measure cable and solder it to the usb hub.
Solder a wire from hub to programmable keyboard...

DONE!

So basically inside the box is a usb hub and "2 keyboards" but one has a numlock led.. which is now mounted on the front.
I am currently waiting for a panel-mount femal usb socket to arrive which I will mount on the back of it so i also have a usb out for say a travel mouse or memory stick etc etc.
Attachments
IMG_2070.JPG
IMG_2070.JPG (160.7 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
IMG_2068.JPG
IMG_2068.JPG (142.3 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
Freelance Lighting, sound, video and repair technician in Spain.
MQ60, Extra Wing Compact & 4 Universe artnet node.
ceecrb1

Postby marlies » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:02 pm

Lorenzo.Fattori wrote:but i found this:
http://audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/pro ... eystrokes/

now i can use my korg for key shortcuts :mrgreen:

Hi!
I'm using the magicq DMX dongle and I also want to use my Korg NanoKontrol to assing some of the chamsysbuttons (playback S, Go button, Patch, ...), but it doesn't work... Can you maybe help me?
Or can somebody help me?
Thanks a lot!
marlies

Previous

Return to PC Wings