New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

MQ 100pro 2014 soft and Dell 24 Touch Monitor: P2418HT

Everything about MQ50, MQ100, MQ200 & MQ300.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

MQ 100pro 2014 soft and Dell 24 Touch Monitor: P2418HT

Postby Santautas » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Hallo, guys.Sorry to bother you, just one question-we work with mq 100 pro 2014 soft. version. Is it possible to connect Dell 24 Touch Monitor: P2418HT to console with touch working ? It's working like normal monitor, but touchscreen don't, and console does'nt see it in touch monitors. Is it possible to enable it ? Thank you very much for answer.
http://www.dell.com/ed/business/p/dell- ... monitor/pd
Santautas

Re: MQ 100pro 2014 soft and Dell 24 Touch Monitor: P2418HT

Postby ChamSys.be » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:40 am

If the console doesn't see the touch, then there is a big change it is not compatible.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Santautas » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:13 am

Can you send the compatible monitor list please? Thank you very much. System is MQ100 with 2014 soft.
Santautas

Postby ChamSys.be » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:17 am

ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Santautas » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:22 am

Thank you.
Santautas

Postby Rainschn » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:38 am

I want to 'wake up' that old thread because I've some probs with my MQ100 Pro 2014 and external Touchscreens.
I tried several models mostly with eGalax Drivers who work well on Windows and Macs.
Recently i connected a Iiyama T1932MSC to my console via USB and it shows the graphics, but touching or especially the calibrating seems to be impossible. The T2336MSC is recommended for Pro 2014 and most Iiyama Monitors 'should work' with MagicQ is what i found out...

I tried VGA 1 and VGA 2 and 'Reload Multi Window' and 'Reset Touch' as well as rebooting with total power off and changing the USB Ports on the console and the cables etc....
And when i go into Test Mode (Alt+Strg+Shift) then i can see different X/Y-Coordinates from Touch 0 and 1 if i choose the internal or external screen. But can somebody tell me what the numbers will say? They somehow correspond to the screen resolution but sometimes there will be shown large neagtive (about -20.000) values that i can't explain...
The Screen is recognized from the console and shown as a eGalax Touchscreen in the Status Field.
But only when i have the Touch Type to 'normal' it will show coordinates in Test Mode.
Oh, i know: the Pro2014 should only work with one external VGA screen, but mine seems to be updated from a Pro 2010 and both VGAs are working and the problem is still there if i use only one or two external screens directly connected to the console.

When i start the calibration, then i can calibrate the internal screen. But when i start it again to calibrate the external screen, then most of the time nothing happens when i touch the green or blue crosses. Sometimes 'something' happens, but i never had more then 2 points to touch before all doesn't work.
Oh, and i think i tried Swap X/Y and Mouse as well... And the funniest thing is: It worked last year with Faytech resistive Touchscreens (with eGalax Drivers). But the screens themselve are used ones who are loosing touch functionality from time to time so that's why i decided to change them to better ones... Oh, and even they have had many calibration issues before...

If i read in the specifications of my model (T1932MSC) of the screen, i will find the same data as for the recommended T2336MSC and a special hint that it will work with Linux too! So i don't think buying the T2336 will solve the problem...

As mentioned before I tried with some resistive Screens from Faytech before too with the same problems. I spent a lot of hours for solving these problems.

When somebody can tell me what is going on when MagicQ is calibrating the screens, maybe then i can understand what the problem might be...

The only 'workaround' for now is taking a 'not used' NUC PC and connect it to one of my Touchscreens and use them as a Network Monitor. Only that worked fine so far, but i don't think that can be told a resolution for my problems...
Bye Rainschn (Owner of: MQ100Pro2014, Audio- Midi-Int., EX- PB-Wing, PC-Wings)
Rainschn

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:47 am

Have a look in Setup - View System - View Monitors- External 1:
- is the resolution set matching with the native resolution of the connected screen?
- Touch no: is this the right one?
- go into Test Mode (Alt+Strg+Shift) and you will see ,in the input screen at the bottom right, for example: Touch 1 + coordinates, if you touch the external screen, then Touch no must be 1.
- The coordinates are X, Y coordinates of the place where you touch the screen. The values depend on the type of touch screen connected
- If this all is right, PRESS CAL TOUCH in the setup window and press on the crosses of the external screen.
After this it should work.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Rainschn » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:10 am

Oh, thanks a lot for the answer!

Yes the resolution matches and there are x and y coordinates shown (but there are some 'free' and some in () and what should they say?).
But they show nonsens. On the inbuilt screen they show 800 and 600 in the () what might be ok because the inbuilt screen has a resolution of 800x600 Pixel. On my external screen i can read numbers over -20.000 when i am in the bottom right corner (see below for exact numbers)

And the no of the touch screen matches the shown no in the test mode.

I think i'll try again with Swap X/Y and other touch modes... I think i tried about 2 workdays now to get that work! I'm really disappointed. :-(

I tried again and the following things occured:
- When i put the Iiyama screen in eGalax Mode (as it works on a Win PC normally to) and enter the test mode of the console, then i will have only one data no matter where i touch the screen. The data remains the same until i touch the inbuilt screen.
- when i put the external screen on VGA1 (or VGA2) the following data is shown in test mode and the touch mode in 'normal', 'swap x/Y' or 'mouse':
internal: Touch 0 42 209 (4,4) in the top left corner
221 57 (778, 585) in the bottom right corner
external: Touch 1 0 0 (1309, 1024) in the top left corner
4095 4095 (-23051,17) in the bottom right corner
Can someone tell me what this data could mean? :shock:

- when i try to calibrate, i begin with the internal screen and that works fine. Then i gon on with the external and the green cross in the bottom left corner can be touched, but when i try to press the top right green cross, nothing happens and i interrupt the calibration via <-- Key. When i try to interrupt the calibration via CLOSE button then in the next try to calibrate i can only see the calibration screen but no cross in any color and nothing happens when i touch! I have to restart the console from Power down to get it worked again.

Oh, BTW: The software is the actual beta 1.8.6.8 but the problem might not depend on the Version i think...
Rainschn

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:41 am

The numbers you see are coming from the touch screen itself and have nothing to do with resolution.
That's why you need to calibrate.

If you calibrate, don't calibrate the internal screen again. Only calibrate the external screen!
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Rainschn » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:50 am

Ok, now i tried again and again and again... And this time never the internal Screen - only the external (except in Test Mode to see if there is data) and 'again' means: Pressing Cal Touch - trying to touch the green cross - when nothing helps; interruptimg the procedure with '<--' and start again and so on.

From time to time i can only press the first cross in the left Bottom Corner. But the second one won't ever react on my touch.

I tried to reset touch data, i tried 'normal' i tried 'Swap x/Y' i tried 'Mouse' and 'eGalax'. Nothing helped. On eGalax for sure there happens absolutely nothing.

I always tried in using VGA1 and the USB Plug was at the same Connector all the time.

The Test Mode always says the same as in my other post. Is there a way to Re-Re-Reset the data of Touch? Because it seems as the system has totally confused data and the normal 'Reset Cal' doesn't really reset anything because the data from the screen on Test Mode remains still the same and i know i have seen other data before!
Might it help to connect another Touchscreen or trying with serial (maybe i have a serial cable somewhere...) - my Faytech still has serial input but male connector (as the console has) and i have only found a male-female cable...)?

Or should i post in the BugTracker or asking the Chamsys Support itself?
Rainschn

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:29 pm

Best to contact your local distributor.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Rainschn » Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:06 pm

Oh, my distributor might not be interested in helping me. I bought the console as a used one from PRG in Belgium. And i don't know if they are even 'interested' in those probs.

But: I found a (strange) solution and for other people havning similar issues i will write it down hereby:

My idea to change to another screen type was helping me! I connected one of my Faytech screens and looked what was shown in Test Mode and the Coordinates have changed to 'understandable' numbers!
So i did the calibration with this thing again and it worked!

Then i connected another screen to the VGA2 with USB Touch and that worked via Cal Touch for "X" No. 1,2 and 3 but not No. 4. So i decided to better give up and switched over to no screen on VGA2 and the Iiyama on VGA1 with USB Touch and the Test Mode is showing much better X and Y Numbers! Nevertheless the Cal Touch function is working better... :-(
But i will no try to go on with my older Faytech and test how long the touch funcionality will work (i think they loose touch function after a while - that's the prob with them...) and maybe i'll try the Iiyama once again when i'm frustrated on the Faytech screen.

So overall the solution might be to connect another screen and very important is to look in the Test Mode what Data is coming from the touch function. And then NOT to calibrate the inbuilt screen. Maybe that was one of my faults to do this first whithout reason. First calibrate the added screen and have a look...
Rainschn

Return to MagicQ consoles