New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

MQ80 problems with Showline Nitro 510

Everything about MQ50, MQ100, MQ200 & MQ300.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

MQ80 problems with Showline Nitro 510

Postby Chadillac » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:27 pm

I am having issues with random flashing in my strobes (Like one quick flash, if you're not looking you miss which one it was). It happens at intermittent times, it once waited over an hour to do it again... I am using an MQ80 desk running 1.8.3.1

I have replaced all the cables, the opto splitters, the snake, even used another MQ80 and it is still happening. I have done a factory reset on the Nitro units so they are all the same.

Here is the set up: (4) rolling towers, each has it's own isolated run to the Opto splitter, on each tower, dmx runs through (2) Fuze Profile, (2) Nitro 510 strobe and (2) ADJ Allegro Z6 - each tower has it's own terminator and the Opto Splitters are terminated. I'm not seeing flashing or any indication this is affecting the other lights. There are (2) universes and it is affecting Nitros on both universes, which is why I am back to the controller...

I have used these fixtures before with this console and have never seen this issue.

I'm not sure what else I could replace except for the strobe units, but that's not possible right now.

Any ideas?
Chadillac

Re: MQ80 problems with Showline Nitro 510

Postby ChamSys.be » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:59 pm

Does the same thing happen on other fixtures?
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Chadillac » Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:22 pm

I have not seen anything in the other fixtures that resembled a flash or even a "bow" in the movers that would indicate a stray DMX value or something... It has been multiple different Nitros.

I am also pursuing other aspects of this problem, like the NItros themselves, I was just wondering if this was a problem anyone has ever seen with the MQ80 running 1.8.3.1.

Thank you for your help
Chadillac

Postby ChamSys.be » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:52 am

I have never seen this problem on MQ80. So, maybe it is a problem of the Nitro's!?
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to MagicQ consoles