New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

SnakeSys B4 / Merging the DMX input in MagicQ

Everything about MIDI/SMPTE, Audio, USB-DMX, Ethernet-DMX interfaces.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

SnakeSys B4 / Merging the DMX input in MagicQ

Postby nhusdf-9489 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:23 pm

I'm trying to setup a SnakeSys B4 so that I push DMX dimmer controls to the front panel input (Art 4), but I get to control the same channels in the MagicQ before outputting to DMX out 1 (Art 0). If I for instance have a dimmer strobe sent from an external DMX device the input, I would like to be able to add or substract from that signal in MagicQ. Is this doable?

In DMX I/O there's the "Copy" setting. I think what I'm looking for is similar, but "Add" or "Merge" instead of copying.
nhusdf-9489

Re: SnakeSys B4 / Merging the DMX input in MagicQ

Postby nhusdf-9489 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:36 pm

Ok, found it in the manual when searching "HTP Merge"

7.24 Merging with DMX input

MagicQ supports comprehensive merging of data from each of the input and output universes. Any output channel can be set to output data from any received input channel, or to merge the two.

In addition channels can be configured so that they are passed through transparently unless MagicQ is controlling the channel from the programmer or a playback. This provides a powerful over-ride mode.

To set a channel to output data received as input from another channel set the Merge field to “Input” and the From field to the channel number you wish to get the data from.
nhusdf-9489

Return to MagicQ Interfaces