New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Midi timecode from stage to FOH

Everything about MIDI/SMPTE, Audio, USB-DMX, Ethernet-DMX interfaces.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Midi timecode from stage to FOH

Postby alexnasa » Sun May 02, 2021 3:56 pm

Hi there,
I've search in the forum, and the only piece of answer I could find is 9 years old, so I'm gonna ask again.

I've just started to dig into that thing, so I'm not even sure I understood everything perfectly. My goal is to have a Cymatic Audio Utrack 24 (https://cymaticaudio.com/utrack24-productpage/) sending midi timecode to MagicQ on PC unlocked with PC Wing Compact. Budget is 400€ for a way to make that happen.

On stage I have a Utrack24 that is playing the click for the band and can play/send Standard Midi File.
I want to buy a Bomebox (https://www.bome.com/products/bomebox) that will get the midi from the Utrack24 via din, and send the midi info to FOH via ethernet.
Ethernet goes in the laptop and I use the midi timecode info into MagicQs to launch my cues.

Has this idea a chance to work or am I going in the wrong direction.

Also I know MagicQ can receive different types of timecode. Will it extract the timecode info from the SMF ? Do I have to convert SMF to SMPTE or something else?

Can MagicQ receive timecode from Ethernet ? I saw that was not possible 9 years ago, but maybe now it can ? If not is there an alternative to my idea to get MIDI timecode at FOH ? I want to avoid the 2 laptops things.

Any help, even partial, will be appreciated to its fullest.
Thanks!
alexnasa

Re: Midi timecode from stage to FOH

Postby ChamSys.be » Mon May 03, 2021 8:00 am

Easiest way is converting your midi timecode to ArtNet timecode. This way it can be send via the network and you don’t need an extra interface on the pc side.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby alexnasa » Tue May 04, 2021 2:25 pm

Thanks for your reply. Can anyone advice some gear to convert to ArtNet ?
alexnasa

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed May 05, 2021 8:31 am

One of them is Visual Productions Timecore
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to MagicQ Interfaces