New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

MIDI-USB Magicq PC

Everything about MIDI/SMPTE, Audio, USB-DMX, Ethernet-DMX interfaces.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

MIDI-USB Magicq PC

Postby nadimS » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi, I have a setup with an Arduino teensy 3.2 sending MIDI over USB to a PC to change fader values, I have verified that there is data coming into the pc by using MIDI-OX. I have the chamsys rackmount dongle which in theory should allow my to control faders via midi. I have the fader plugged into the teensy, and everything works on that end, but when I open magicq PC, it just says "select MIDI" in the console. I go to tools and select the teensy MIDI as the MIDI option, and I see a weird row of numbers in the input box above the faders on the right. I assume this is the raw MIDI input, and that for some reason Chamsys cannot understand this. How can I manage to control one of the faders via MIDI using the autoM?

Many thanks,

Nadim

the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting a different result.
nadimS

Re: MIDI-USB Magicq PC

Postby ToonVC » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:02 am

Chamsys only knows midi notes, you have to translate them. I did it with Midi-OX
ToonVC

Return to MagicQ Interfaces