New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

2 MagicDMX dongles: In and Out

Everything about MIDI/SMPTE, Audio, USB-DMX, Ethernet-DMX interfaces.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

2 MagicDMX dongles: In and Out

Postby skirtoni » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:52 am

Hi,

Disclaimer: Although I don't think its possible I thought I'll ask to see if there is an work round!

I am wanting to use 2 magicdmx dongles to work simultaneously; one as and in and one as an out? The aim is to use a simple external dmx controller to go into magicQ to trigger playback, then using the second dongle to give the output, however from my understanding you can only use one dongle at a time on universe one only... One idea I had was if I used an artnet node for the dmx output from magicQ, or try to use 2 computers in master slave with one taking the input and one the output dongles? Does anyone know a way round to make this concept work!

Many thanks :)
Isaac
skirtoni

Re: 2 MagicDMX dongles: In and Out

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:46 am

To get simultaneous DMX in and out, the only solution is using an ArtNet node.
- 2x MagicDMX: will not work
- 2x PC in master slave: will not work, you need Blue MagicQ hardware on both
- a simple external dmx controller to go into magicQ to trigger playbacks: will not work, you need Blue MagicQ hardware.
- triggering playbacks via DMX in works only when a PC wing is connected and you can only trigger the first 10 playbacks

You get already 64 universes for free, via ArtNet or sACN, new features are developed constantly for the software. Not everything can be free!
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Re: 2 MagicDMX dongles: In and Out

Postby skirtoni » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:20 pm

ChamSys.be wrote:To get simultaneous DMX in and out, the only solution is using an ArtNet node.
- 2x MagicDMX: will not work
- 2x PC in master slave: will not work, you need Blue MagicQ hardware on both
- a simple external dmx controller to go into magicQ to trigger playbacks: will not work, you need Blue MagicQ hardware.
- triggering playbacks via DMX in works only when a PC wing is connected and you can only trigger the first 10 playbacks

You get already 64 universes for free, via ArtNet or sACN, new features are developed constantly for the software. Not everything can be free!

That's brilliant thank you for clarifying
skirtoni

Return to MagicQ Interfaces