New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

LanBox connectivity?

Everything about MIDI/SMPTE, Audio, USB-DMX, Ethernet-DMX interfaces.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

LanBox connectivity?

Postby nishrigo » Wed May 15, 2013 7:35 am

The company I work for has a LanBox LCX, and we have used it with the LCedit software for running lights for one of our productions. I have recently saw the Chamsys Magic Q and a PC wing being used and got interested in this.

When I realised that the Magic Q supports third party hardwares as well, I decided to try and hook up the LanBox to a PC running Magic Q. I got the LanBox configured for ArtNet, but I am stumped as to how I should go about connecting it to the Magic Q software.

Please help me with this (if it is possible - of course!)

Thanks

Niranjan
nishrigo

Re: LanBox connectivity?

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed May 15, 2013 8:21 am

Any interface that can receive ArtNet can be used. You have to configure the ArtNet universes in Setup - View DMX I/O. Also the Computer must be in the same network range as the interface and computer and MagicQ software should have the same network settings in Seup - View Settings - Network.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby nishrigo » Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 am

My Laptop is at 2.0.0.45
the LanBox is at 2.0.0.12

The LanBox is shown in the ArtNet Nodes, but then the lights do not respond to the command sent by the Laptop. Do I need to do anything specific so that the signal is sent to the dimmers?
nishrigo

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed May 15, 2013 8:44 am

- You have to configure the ArtNet universes in Setup - View DMX I/O.
- In setup - View Settings - Network - IP address: 2.0.0.45
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby nishrigo » Wed May 15, 2013 8:59 am

ChamSys.be wrote:- You have to configure the ArtNet universes in Setup - View DMX I/O.
- In setup - View Settings - Network - IP address: 2.0.0.45

I have have made sure that the IP addresses is correctly entered, but still I am not getting any response from the dimmers.

Do I need to make any alterations in Setup - DMX I/O? If yes please guide me in exactly what changes I need to make.

I had tried to get the LanBox to work with the grandMA on PC as well, but that was when I realised that grandMA requires their own hardware.
nishrigo

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed May 15, 2013 9:01 am

What you have to setup, depends on the settings in your Lanbox. You have to enable the same number of universes as you have on your lanbox and as Out type ArtNet and Out Uni set to the universe number configured in ypur LanBox.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Ahrimango » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:49 pm

Hey, did you manage to get it work somehow? I'm facing the same issues.
Ahrimango

Return to MagicQ Interfaces