New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

MIDI-USB with PC Wing 1.7.2.4

Everything about MIDI/SMPTE, Audio, USB-DMX, Ethernet-DMX interfaces.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

MIDI-USB with PC Wing 1.7.2.4

Postby kiartz » Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:36 am

Hi everyone!
I've read on change log of new stable version about MIDI-USB that has been enabled when a PC Wing is connected!
Well! I've Novation LunchControl, controller USB-MIDI, I connect it and PC wing on my Computer. On magicQ I select my MIDI device via Tools/Select MIDI Device and leave check on"Disable External Device".
In the end I go to Setup/Midi Timecode and set MIDI IN and MIDI OUT in ANY CHAN!
Result? Nothing! :? MagicQ don't read MIDI code send in, I try with Macro and it don't work!

Have you a solution for me?? Have you try to do this?

Thanks!! :)
kiartz

Re: MIDI-USB with PC Wing 1.7.2.4

Postby PickaYurik » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:54 am

I have the same problem! Does not work! :(
PickaYurik

Postby ChamSys.be » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:59 pm

This is what is announced:
MagicQ now supports receiving MIDI timecode directly from a generic USB MIDI interface or from a virtual MIDI interface in a similar way to receiving Winamp timecode. This also enables receipt of timecode from radio devices such as the Adrem TCR directly into MagicQ.
Support for MIDI timecode via a generic USB interface is only enabled when connected to a MagicQ Wing or MagicQ Interface (not MagicDMX). In addition, support for receiving MIDI notes from the generic USB MIDI interface is enabled when the system has a MagicQ Rack Mount Dongle connected.
The USB MIDI device to be used is configured from the toolbar Tools, Select MIDI device.

For receiving Midi Timecode, a wing is enough, for receiving MIDI notes you nee a MagicQ Rack mount dongle or a MagicQ Midi/Timecode interface.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby kiartz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:23 pm

Okay, I've understand, but this is not good....I've spent much money to buy wing and maxi wing and unlock totally the program and now I must buy dongle because magicQ is not fully unlocked...when I need 1 botton controlled with midi note... :|
kiartz

Postby PickaYurik » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:32 pm

ChamSys.be wrote:This is what is announced:
MagicQ now supports receiving MIDI timecode directly from a generic USB MIDI interface or from a virtual MIDI interface in a similar way to receiving Winamp timecode. This also enables receipt of timecode from radio devices such as the Adrem TCR directly into MagicQ.
Support for MIDI timecode via a generic USB interface is only enabled when connected to a MagicQ Wing or MagicQ Interface (not MagicDMX). In addition, support for receiving MIDI notes from the generic USB MIDI interface is enabled when the system has a MagicQ Rack Mount Dongle connected.
The USB MIDI device to be used is configured from the toolbar Tools, Select MIDI device.

For receiving Midi Timecode, a wing is enough, for receiving MIDI notes you nee a MagicQ Rack mount dongle or a MagicQ Midi/Timecode interface.

Very sorry to hear that. I also bought the wing and will not buy a Dongle. Especially because I know how to get around this limitation. But I will keep it a secret. :roll:
PickaYurik

Postby ChamSys.be » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:52 pm

kiartz wrote:Okay, I've understand, but this is not good....I've spent much money to buy wing and maxi wing and unlock totally the program and now I must buy dongle because magicQ is not fully unlocked...when I need 1 botton controlled with midi note... :|

Nobody of ChamSys did say that a Maxi wing will unlock Midi. This was never the case and Maxi Wing is already a few years out of production.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby saray1 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:51 am

so is it possible to have control of the 10 playback faders with a usb midi device using the dongle ?
saray1

Postby crespo » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:20 pm

I think this is an error from Chamsys. Any wing is much more expensive than the USB Dongle, so in my opinion, those features as USB-Midi should be unlocked when we have a wing connected to our pc's :?
crespo

Postby cjhemstreet » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:31 pm

PickaYurik wrote:
ChamSys.be wrote:This is what is announced:

Very sorry to hear that. I also bought the wing and will not buy a Dongle. Especially because I know how to get around this limitation. But I will keep it a secret. :roll:

Hey! How do you get around limitation?! Asking for a friend :o
cjhemstreet

MIDI USB with PC Wing 1 7 2 4

Postby KarenOrarm » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:55 pm

Akai EIE red version/16 bit has three USB ports and has worked well for me getting in multiple midi devices. It also has a I/O DIN pair for legacy devices, which I have two connected through that.
Attachments
214.gif
214.gif (2.73 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
KarenOrarm

Return to MagicQ Interfaces