New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

Colored Playbacks

Request for adding new features to the software. Please goto the bugtracker to place your requests and bugs: http://download.magicq.co.uk

Moderator: ChamSys.be

Colored Playbacks

Postby DaDe » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:00 am

I think it's been asked before. But is it possible to add a background color to cue's, cuestacks, playbacks,... on screen?
I have only used the pc version, but know from other consoles I like to have a big softtouch screen with different butons in chamsys this whould be the playback window. For overiding coulours, Gobo's, positions,...
And then have a release playback for those playback. It's possible whith the cuelist macro's.
But adding a color on the playbacks could really help the quick selection. So I can have all gobo's in green, and colors in their appropiate color. So I can find them really quick.
DaDe

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:26 pm

A simmilar thing you can do in the execute window.
You can give each button a color or add a picture to it of an FX, Gobo,....
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby DaDe » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:54 pm

I've been playing around with it. But can't seem to find the way to change the color of the buttons. The manual doesn't seem to contain the explanation either.

Haven't looked into the execute window before, but it shure is handy! nice feature to have everything within reach.
DaDe

Postby ChamSys.be » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:26 pm

You can assign a colour, of gobo to each cue stack in the Stack store.
When you copy these Cue Stacks into the execute window, you will see the color or gobo.

Assiging a color/gobo/icon to a Cue Stack:
- SHIFT SET
- select one of the folders
- select the icon/color
- select the Cue Stack
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby dlights » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:10 pm

With this idea, can you then change the color of group buttons and such as well? I do not really like the rig plan functiuon so much so I use the group window as a sort of quasi-rig plan view and it would be AWESOME if I could change the color of the buttons to reflect the colors of the actual lights.

Regards,
'D'
'Be the change you wish to see in the world.' --Ghandi

'Light is more than watts and foot-candles. Light is metaphor. Light is knowledge, Light is life, Light is Light.' --Diane Frolov
dlights

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:37 pm

Yes, you can add an icon to the group buttons. The icon can be a picture or colour.

How:

- SHIFT SET
- select a folder with colours or gobos
- select an icon
- click on the group button

In Setup - View settings you can set how the icons should appear, Set "show icons" as: No icons, Icons (small), Icons (large).
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby DaDe » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Nice andall, but I Don't really like the icons, and it takes a while to add them to the appropiate button. And it looks like the icon just doesn't really fit on the button (in the pc version at least) the black surroundings of the icon look really ugly to.
All I want is to change the color of the actual button, so the complete button. I don't need the whole spectrum of colours, just some primary and pastel like coulors will do. The method with icon's is I think just to much timetaking (omslachtig in het Vlaams ;-))
And maybe transparancy so you could use the background image and still see it when there are many buttons.

just my 2 cents
The best lights are actually quite heavy!
DaDe

Postby dlights » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 pm

Can we create our own icons and use them?

Also I have to agree with the last post to a point, as gruff as it may have been.

I am looking more to color the whole button. IF its not possible then that cool, but it would be WAY awesome if we could have the ability. I know the programmer types are probably overwhelmed with bug reports and feature requests, but if it could get thrown into the pile, I will continue to the sing the praises of the MQ system even louder :D. Slowly but surely the MQ is becoming the system of choice. Now if I could just get more people in the US to use them I would be in better shape.

Regards,
'D'

'Light is more than watts and foot-candles. Light is metaphor. Light is knowledge, Light is life, Light is Light.' --Diane Frolov
dlights

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:02 pm

Yes you can create your own icons.

Colouring the complete button: this is in the list of to programming features, but has not a hiogh priority. There are still a lot of things with higher priority!
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby dlights » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:07 pm

LOL... Of course.. I would not expect it to be.... function is more important than cosmetics by far. I will just be happly waiting for the day when my screen will be filled will a multi colored galaxy of Movers, Scrollers, and Conventionals.

Its nice to know that software developers are ACTUALLY listening to the people who use the software. You guys ROCK!!!

dlights

Postby Tumbleweed » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:39 am

some cosmetics can enhance function, though :)
Al "Tumbleweed" Williams
Houston, TX

Teena Marie's LD until she passed away in 2010
MagicQ user since early '07
Tumbleweed

Return to New features requests