New registrations are temporarily disabled due to a fault with our email system. We are working to resolve this.

software upgrade

Request for adding new features to the software. Please goto the bugtracker to place your requests and bugs: http://download.magicq.co.uk

Moderator: ChamSys.be

software upgrade

Postby lighttch » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:26 pm

Would it be possible to allow for Trackball to control pan and tilt to enable w/o using a playback wing with encoders. I have a miniwing and use a tablet pc. Controlling pan and tilt from a trackball would be alot easier than trying to use the onscreen encoders.

thanks,
Andrew
Andrew - USA
PC wing Compact, Playback Wing, custom system with multiple Pathport artnet nodes,2 - 15.6" ELO Full HD Touchscreens, and Zotec computer
lighttch

Re: software upgrade

Postby zeb » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:24 pm

I believe that this is already possible by right-clicking in the interface. You do however need a ChamSys interface connected for this to be available so you should be OK.
MagicQ Linux 1.5.7.4 with USB Audio Interface, Elo Touch Screen, Enttec Pro, 4-channel sACN to DMX interface and X-keys Pro in Hardware Mode
zeb

Postby lighttch » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:12 am

I tried that. it keeps telling me "mouse pan and tilt requires wing with encoders. All I have is the miniwing. Could this be changed in future versions to be active with any wing or without a wing.

Andrew
Andrew - USA
PC wing Compact, Playback Wing, custom system with multiple Pathport artnet nodes,2 - 15.6" ELO Full HD Touchscreens, and Zotec computer
lighttch

Postby ChamSys.be » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:06 am

Pan/Tilt control via trackball or mouse is only available for wings that have a Pan/Tilt control with encoders.
It will not be changed in the future.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Return to New features requests