output screen stuck

Everything about MQ50, MQ100, MQ200 & MQ300.

Moderator: ChamSys.be

output screen stuck

Postby dekoos » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Am having a problem with the output screen of an MQ80. It gets stuck on a previous output situation and will not refresh. When I will try to correct Q's the output of affected fixtures wil start from the stuck output value in the output screen in stead of the actual output at dmx out. Resulting in visible value drops, or rises. Have had this problem also on older versions on my maxi wing set-up.
dekoos

Re: output screen stuck

Postby ChamSys.be » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Never heard/seen this problem. But maybe the values you are still active on the console.
In the Output Window - View heads, click on VIEW PLAYBACK then it will tell you from where these values come!
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby dekoos » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:31 pm

I will try that next time it hangs up. But these stuck values are not present at the physical dmx output, only in the graphical output screen.
dekoos

Postby dekoos » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:33 pm

I am programming a theatre show right now. Basically just 1 active Q-stack on 1 playback.
dekoos

Postby ChamSys.be » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:21 pm

- Does it happen all the time that the output screens gets stuck?
- Sure that the values are not coming from the programmer?
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby dekoos » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:32 pm

It happens every once in a while. twice today, already. I'm really sure the output is not coming from anywhere, since it is not a representation of anything I'm outputting. And the problem is there even when just playback 1 is active with the show q-stack
dekoos

Postby dekoos » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:33 pm

to makes things clear. the system is not outputting the values in the output screen. Therefore it feels like a bug. I'm used to the output screen being a representation of the physical dmx output
dekoos

Postby ChamSys.be » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:36 pm

Sorry, never seen this. Output screen is representing the physical DMX output.
Is it for dimmers or LTP values?
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby dekoos » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:38 am

This problem will affect the parameter which I change, dim, col. Haven't checked position parameters yet, as I'm using only conventional and LED-lights in this show. They will become active in the programmer at the stuck value in the output screen and start from there, instead of the actual dmx-value being output at that time.
dekoos

Postby ChamSys.be » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Best to contact us, let us take over you PC with Teamviewer, then we can see what the real problem is.
I give a training today and tomorrow till 16:00. So after 16:00 i can have a look!
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby dekoos » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:38 pm

Right now I'm having this problem with an MQ80. Have had it before with a maxi wing system, having it with this mq80 made me realize its not related to my former pc, or windows setup, but actually something directly related to the chamsys operating system. Only thing I can think of is that it's maybe related to the extra touchscreen, as problems I had before on other chamsys-systems (compact wing, mq200, mq60, miniwing, full dongle) seem to be mostly graphics, or USB related.
dekoos

Postby ChamSys.be » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:59 pm

this is not a known problem, I think more on a user problem, doing something wrong!
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby dekoos » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:58 am

When a problem accures out of nowhere, even if the system is just standing by, not being programmed on, it doesn't really feel like the problem is user related to me.........
dekoos

Postby ChamSys.be » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:26 pm

Like i did already write: Best to contact us, let us take over you PC with Teamviewer, then we can see what the real problem is.
Otherwise we can't help you. You are the only one reporting this.
ChamSys.be
Site Admin

Postby Marcel Slagter » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:56 am

I had this exact same problem yesterday on my MQ80. The programmer window was frozen in a state after changing a cue. Some channels were still marked in red although i cleared the editor. I continued running the show and the next cues were running ok, just the output window was still frozen. When i then tried to modify the red marked channels in other cues the output jumped to the frozen value when i tried to change them with the encoder wheel.
I have not had this problem before and am running the show with a MQ80, no external screens, output via art net on a ELC node.
Please advise.
Marcel Slagter

Next

Return to MagicQ consoles